
I can't help but tell this funny story.
Breven received the reading award for his class. His sweet teacher doted on him telling the school that he loved to read so much that he never puts his books inside his desk, just in case he has time to sneak in some extra reading. Too cute right? So she calls him up and everyone is clapping......he takes the award, which is a coupon for a free McDonald's cheeseburger, and begins to pout. The whole awards ceremony he was looking smug and I even think he rolled his eyes! As soon as the assembly was over, I took him aside and explained to him that it was not polite to act that way, and he was not showing gratitude. I told him that there were lots of other kids that would have gladly accepted an award with a smile. He then looked up at me and said,"Well mom, it's not that I'm not grateful, it's just that you never let me eat McDonald's hamburgers anyway." Too funny! Out of the mouths of babes. And for the record, we did go and eat a McDonald's burger. Way to go Breven!

The "Disgruntled Recipient"
(please excuse the blurry photos)
3 comments:
hey trish, i just found your blog so i thought i'd stop by and say "hey". we love your family. that was a cute story about his award and McD's. luvs-becca
He is too funny. I suppose an occasional McDonald's cheeseburger for special occasions won't kill the kid. :) Miss you guys!
That is too funny!!
Geez-I have not been to your blog in ages! I didn't know you had even updated it! Last time I had been here it hadn't been updated in a while! Now ya need to put pics of your new house on your blog!:)
Post a Comment