I thought the R.V. was "roughing" it, boy was I wrong! We thought that it might be fun to do a backpacking camp trip now that the boys are getting older so we bought tickets to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, strapped on our packs (OUCH!) and headed up the mountain! We started at about 2000 feet and ascended up the mountain to 8000 feet, luckily that was with the assistance of the tram! Once we got there we had to hike over 2.5 miles in to the campsite. We didn't take into consideration however that the 2.5 miles were totally uphill! Our camp was at over 9100 feet in elevation! What a climb! For the record, although Bryce thought he was being a gentleman and carrying the pack with all of the sleeping gear in it plus the tent, I ended up winning the award for carrying the heaviest pack. At the top of the mountain he asked for my pack to unload something and realized that mine was way heavier than his. Real good babe! I was hauling up all the water/food/gear! Breven wins the award for climbing up steps that came up to his waist. We may have had to hike our leg up, but he literally had to climb some of these "steps." He carried his own pack the whole way up I might add. Brad was still recovering from a BMX injury, but he out hiked us all, as usual! Bryce was the pilot of course and I've never been so grateful for his skill in map reading as I was this trip. The rangers gave us a scribbled up map that was practically indeciferable. Who could tell the difference between badger or cougar campsite? All I know was that he knew how to get there and which one was closer! Thank You! We had a blast! What an adventure it turned out to be. No water, no hook ups, NO TOILETS, no fires, and did I mention, NO TOILETS?! We will do it again, but this time we WILL take bed rolls! I've never been more grateful for a temperpedic mattress in all my life!
Tune in next week for BTBB vs. the beach or the spa or something a little less EXTREME!
2 comments:
yuck!!! No toilets! You are tough to have endured that !
How fun about the Tram-we have been wanting to do that. I haven't been on that since I was a kid-I know they have changed that alot
I just got caught up on your blog. What an accomplishment- you are BRAVE! Good times your family will never forget. Sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment