What a weekend! Vast open highway, ancient Joshua trees, giant rocks, and hundreds of die hard bicycle riders. My brother aka "the Wild Buck" entered a race called the Furnace Creek 508. The 508 stands for the amount of miles ridden within a 48 hour period. Yes, die-hards, right? Amazingly enough he came in just over 36 hours with only a 30 minute nap and pedaling the rest of the way. We were all there to cheer him on. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful role model for my sons. Both of my bros have always held my boys on such a pedestal and my boys think the world of them. As the Wild Uncle Buck pedaled up to the finish line it must have been overwhelming. My family was soooooo proud of his accomplishment. The boys must have thought he was Superman. After we hollered and hugged and even cried, he showed us the picture that was taped to his bike frame the whole way. It was a picture of my boys that said, "Pedal Uncle." How's that for inspiration?
We made an entire weekend out of it by camping with family in Joshua Tree. It was a blast to hike and we got some awesome pictures. And then of course the finish line crew with lots of laughs, lots of food, and lots of love.
4 comments:
Wow! That is awesome! Even made me tear up as I read it (of course we know that doesn't take much)...but totally inspirational! Cool, cool!
Life, Love & family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes love Gramma
Like Rachel said I got a little emotional. I'm glad that you guys had a lot of fun.
Wow!
Well it was a wild ride for sure!
At mile 200 I was really cramped, and at mile 300 I thought I was going to have to throw in the towel. When they put the cell phone on speaker phone, and played it over the loud speaker I was able to hear you guys yelling, and cheering, "Go Wild Buck, Go Wild Buck!" Needless to say, I immediately got goosebumps and tears in my eyes. With my head down into head wind, I watched as drops of sweat and tears fell onto my handlebars. At the top of one of the last major climbs, I was revived with a whole new level of energy! I stood up, and begin to stomp on the pedals with a sense of determination like never before!
By the time mile 508 rolled around, I could hardly believe that it was finally over. To see your faces meant the world to me. Your awesome custom T-Shirts were so awesome. I truly had the best support crew and fan base ever! I can't wait until next year!
I Love you!
Pedal Power!
Uncle "Wild Buck"
Post a Comment