09 August 2009

Our Final Hoorah in South Dakota

We decided to start our own band! Check out those boots.
During the show I was picked to "join the band!" Lucky me!
I didn't realize that I would have a stylist too! These hats are native to South Dakota.
Eating our last supper at the "chuck wagon supper show"

One of the only things left to do was to eat chuck wagon BBQ supper. Who knew we'd get a show too? We had a delicious dinner of buffalo, baked beans, baked potato (served firmly so it wouldn't roll off) biscuit with honey and spice cake for dessert. Did I mention that it was all served on a hot metal plate? The supper was served at 6:30 sharp with a bluegrass band that played 'til dark thirty. Does life get better than this. Of course my loud laughter and knowing the words to every Johnny Cash or Merle Haggard song they played made me a perfect target to be picked from the crowd to join the band. More laughs, more singing, and a great way to end our trip! Till next time South Dakota!

No comments: